BLACK History Month 2012

So here we are again it's Feburary! Yes the month that we as African Americans are the " most celebrated" time for us ( sarcasm) I believe that everyday we should recognize and celebrate the amazing individuals who paved the way for us. This month there will be numerous activities and events to celebrate being Black and Proud! paying homage to those before us who paved the way for such things like Civial Rights movements, being able to vote, coming so far from what we had when we were taken away from the " motherland" ie Amistad  I have such pride in being a young African American woman and esspecially being chocolate, "dark-skinned" I'm beautiful and i've always thought so since i was a little girl or at least adolecent, I never had issues with my compextion and i know that comes from within, my God, and of coarse my parents and mom always giving me positive praise.

We as a people have come a long way but there is always more we can do to life each other up.



Angie Stone: " Black Brotha"

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top