Consumerism on Christmas!

Flat screen TVs,Ipads, digital cameras, designer clothes and a whole lot more , and  I like the rest of the electronics crazed American population would love a camcorder among other things! However it seems that the rest of the world is more interested in shopping and the whole retail aspect of the " holiday season" than the TRUE meaning of the season. From the day after Thanksgiving affectionatly called " Black Friday" to about the end of  New Years Day there are MAJOR sales!!There've been commercials for EVERY company you can imagine! I can't stand it ,it makes me want to go out shopping every chance i get.  What is the real meaning of Christmas? you'd probably think i'm crazy for asking this but i do actually know the real meaning is family, togetherness,and of coarse celebrating the birth of Christ! I definatly will miss my gma momo this year and all of the ones after that!!

Of coarse the media likes to bombard us  anything that wil get us spending but how bout this i heard an ad that said " you can save more by spending" WOW i'd love to understand that theory!! Now I love a good deal as much as the next shopper but all of the hoopla  is just nuts! I've heard stories of people getting to horrible mishaps all in the name of a GOOD DEAL,but this is why i shop a few days after "black Friday"


I hope you all have an incredible Christmas and realize the TRUE meaning of Christmas and have fun giving to yout loved ones as well! :)
Black Friday indidents around the country 2011!












CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top