Are you a Green-eyed monster ? NOT the Grinch!



Are you a Green-eyed monster ? NOT the Grinch


They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and sometimes you can tell what someone is feeling or thinking just by the facial expression written on their face. Christmas is one of my favorite times of year. Spending extra time with family,the break from work and school, sales,hot cocoa,holiday movies the food! I could go on but whatever this time of year means to you and how you celebrate it is special in its own unique way.


Ever since I first logged onto Facebook for the first time back in 2006 at Bethel College, I didn’t know I’d be entering a whole new cyber world of gossip,celebration,hateration,ridicule and entertainment all while keeping tabs on my ex-boyfriends and my relatives alike. I’ve never deactivated, Facebook has it setup so that you virtually can not delete but only take a “deactivation period” from the site if you wish.

How many times have you looked at another person’s social media feed and felt like your life isn’t quite measuring up to the impossibly unrealistic set of standards that the World Wide Web’s many social media platforms has layed out for us. Have you fallen victim to comparing yourself to the “champagne wishes and caviar dreamslives other people are depicting? Feeling your live isn’t as fulfilling?


I must admit sometimes I do feel like I would’ve ,could’ve, should’ve done this or that to have made my life better but you can’t go back in time and change things. I’m happy with the life I have today and will continue to do what I need to do to make my life what I want it to be. In all aspects of my life, of coarse I can’t control who I marry,have kids with. Well actually I can control it but I can’t predict what will happen for myself in those relationships as they go along I have to live my life and pray for the best. 

Happy Christmas week! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top