Beginging my Healthy Relaxed Hair Journey: Relaxer Stretching

So I've been  doing A LOT of research on Relaxed haircare DIY particularly, I am a young woman with long relaxed hair, I've had thick, long hair since I was a little girl, back than my mom did it like most of us. (mom's day post next) I don't know exactly what my hair type is right now since I am relaxed and in the process of stretching my relaxer to help build up the thickness of my hair.


Right now my hair is mid back length but I have been noticing that it has been thinning out the ends. Which I know is the oldest part of my hair but it also needs to be taken care of as well. I started watch all of these videos on Youtube starting with the GlamTwinz! Kelsey and Kendra I love them!! and than others I've discovered! Right now I'm putting my hair in two plats daily or a bun as a protective style for low manipulation. I also am using Africa's Best Organic Shea Butter and Tea Tree Oil-Moisturizer daily. On my edges I used, Black N Sassy Style Smoother, Design essentials hair &
 scalp treatment.

DATE of last Relaxer April 5th 2013
Stretched my Relaxer  9 weeks when I usually get one after the 8th week.
My hair was dry brittle, limp ugg I stressed and wore protective styles, mostly bun and plaits, also my scalp was dry too ugg. So I went to my stylist to begin with, since I am on the beginning of MY DIY, journey I felt that I needed to have a professional do it first so that I can see the correct way of doing it!  BEFORE I DC myself since Its usually tangled when I wash it and had to manage, I didnt want to mess up and NOT comb it out fully, but that IS the KEY she also told me that I need to grease my scalp EVERY day! I'm getting my  hair regimen together!for an EVEN healthier mane! :)





Deep Conditioning DAY 5/21/2013
After the DC and scalp treatment ,blowout
Protective style 1 back bun,  clearly my edges need some more LOVE 
Final Product straight,fuller,clean scalp,healthier bumped ends



Side View 







CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top