Black IS Beautiful!! Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014

Black,Brown Models Showcased on this year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 201

Black is Beautiful, This is a phrase that I've been brought up to believe this and be confident in myself as a young African American woman/girl growing up. Now that I am a grown woman with my own thoughts,opinions and views on race,society,and who I am as a woman of color I and grateful to my mother for instilling in me the value and importanance of owning one's true beauty inside out and especially being who I am.


 Every year one of me & my friend's traditions is to watch the Victoria's Secret Fashion show during the holidays I love the fashion & sometimes they have amazing performers as well.  Much to my surprise there were a number of women of color set to hit this year's fashion show. The way society is everything is a fight to the finish between the races, even if there has been major progression there is still a lot that needs to be done,but I'm not a political figure.The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show hasn't always had enough women of color represented in their shows. 

This year I was excited and surprised to read the entire list of models that are going to set the runway of fire,models who are like me! who I can identify with, now I know that Tyra THE QUEEN Banks had her run on the show but that was a while back. The day the chosen ones will sashay on the runway in diamond encrusted,bejeweled bras and panties has come and gone and it was a tremendous show! Here is a list of some of the women in this year's prime time premier glamour show! What are your thoughts on Victoria'sSecret hiring more models of color in their annual fashion show and their campaigns? 

Joan Smalls:
















Jourdan Dunn




















Cindy Bruna














Maria Borges










Grace Mahary

Imaan Hamman 

Jasmine Tookes

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top